Green Burials, the Natural Way
The Natural Green Burial Area at St. Stephen's Cemetery offers a return to historic burial methods.
The Garden of Peace is a green burial area where:
- The body is not embalmed
- Bio-degradeable containers or caskets are used to allow for natural decomposition of the body
- Concrete liners will NOT be required
- A communal monument will be installed
- Graves may be marked with small flat granite markers
- The area is surrounded by natural trees such as poplars and willows and abuts a natural wetland
- With the passing of time, greenery will be planted to enhance the natural appearance of the area.
Please contact the office for more information about this unique area.