St. Stephen's Cemetery Regulations
1. The purchaser of a plot buys the right to inter a deceased and to erect a monument in accordance with the existing rules and regulations at the time.
2. All cemetery costs must be paid before grant of easement to inter.
3. Interment reservations made by telephone shall be confirmed in writing and such written instructions shall be in the possession of the Administrator prior to interment.
4. Concrete grave liners are mandatory for all burials.
5. Interment must be booked allowing a minimum of 48 hours, except in unusual circumstances, from May 1 to October 31. An additional 24 hours must be given for burials between November 1 and April 30 of the following year.
6. Flowers placed at the time of interment will be left for a maximum of one week. The cemetery accepts no responsibility for ensuring the flowers remain in place or in good condition.
7. No planting of any kind is permitted on the plots.
8. Natural or artificial flowers may be placed in vases that are part of the monument at any time.
9. The Cemetery Trustees assume no responsibility for missing vases, flowers or wreaths, or damage to headstones.
Upright Monuments, including pillows
1. Upright monuments shall not exceed four (4) feet in height above the foundation.
2. A base for an upright monument on a single plot shall not exceed 42 inches in length and 18 inches in width.
3. A base for an upright monument on a double plot shall not exceed 90 inches in length and 18 inches in width.
4. Vases must be attached to the base of the monument.
Flat (lawn Level) markers
5. Flat (lawn level) markers on a single plot shall not be smaller than 20” by 12”and shall not exceed 40” by 18” and shall have a minimum thickness of 3”.
6. Flat (lawn level) marker shall be set in concrete with a two inch border on all sides.
7. Flat (lawn level) markers on a double plot shall not exceed 48” by 18” and shall be set in concrete a two inch border on all sides.
8. Only reversible vases are permitted.
9. Foot markers are permitted at the cemetery’s discretion and shall be 24 inches by 12 inches and shall be set in concrete with a two inch border on all sides. All foot markers shall be flush with the ground and placed at the foot of a plot.
10. No vases are permitted in foot markers.
IMPORTANT: All monuments and markers
11. Plot location is to be engraved on the lower left hand side on the back of an upright monument, or at the lower left hand side of a flat marker showing Area, Section, Block, Row and Plot number (AA-SS-BL-RR-PL)